China: Strategic HR, Business, and Cultural Issues
China’s economy continues to be one of the largest in the world. It is also one of the fastest growing economies and continues to grow. China is seen as a “must play” country and international HR professionals need to know how to advise their organizations on a variety of human resource issues. This presentation will highlight strategic HR, business and cultural issues in China and their implications for HR professionals. We will discuss:
- Cultural implications for China’s future
- Demographic issues
- Employment issues
- Doing Business in China (HR perspective and implications)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Eddie will be providing numerous real-life examples of doing business in China from an HR perspective. His
presentation will provide an understanding of how cultural issues affect strategic HR issues and how it is different than in the US. If your company is doing business in China, or considering it in the future, this is a program not to be missed!
Edward Franco is a Vice President with Aon Consulting and is based in Houston, Texas. He advises clients on global and international issues, including:
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures, and New Country Entry. Lead project management office, global due diligence and post-merger integration activities. Identify HR synergies and ensure activities support expected merger synergies.
- Business Training. Train M&A teams regarding global acquisitions and divestitures: developing M&A objectives, synergy development, project management, staffing and selection, engagement, communication, leadership and culture, HR policies and employment law, compensation and benefits, organization design, HRIS and HR delivery, due diligence simulation, integration simulation.
- Program Design. Analysis and design of organization effectiveness, compensation, and benefit programs around the world, including global programs and programs for international assignees.
Eddie has worked with many leading companies, governments and various
multilateral development organizationsa round the world. His experience includes designing and implementing national savings systems, advising on the separation and labor issues of employees in state owned enterprises, and global data privacy issues in business expansion and mergers and acquisitions. He has lived in Belgium, Canada, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, the Philippines, PRC, Singapore, Uganda, United Kingdom, USA and visited over 30 countries on business assignments. Eddie holds a Bachelor degree in mathematics for management from Brunel University.
Directions and Parking Information: Heritage Plaza is across from the downtown Doubletree Hotel.
Parking is available at the Doubletree hotel or Heritage Clay Street
Parking Garage, 200 Clay, Houston 77002.You can park at the Doubletree hotel and walk across the street to the building – proceed to the 45th floor. Alternatively, park in the Heritage Clay Street Parking Garage – address of the garage is 200 Clay Street, Houston, TX 77002. If you park in the Clay Street Garage, park in any space that is not marked “Reserved.” Take the elevator in the Clay Street Garage to the Basement (‘B’). Upon reaching Basement level, turn left and follow the hallway until you reach the wall with the large ‘H’ on it. Turn left and immediately on the right you will see two elevators. Take the elevator to the Sky Lobby (‘SL’). Once you reach the Sky Lobby, turn right and proceed to the middle bank of elevators. Proceed to the 45th floor to the Deloitte reception area – this is the floor where the meeting will take place.
2010 Host Sponsor - Deloitte Tax LLP